Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I felt a rush of nostalgia as I accidentally came upon a blog and discovered in it my design for a book jacket. There were designs from my professors and from some of my classmates too. The design was part of my graduate project almost thirty years ago when I attended the Central Academy of Arts and Design in Beijing, China. A very pleasant surprise...

 http://assemblyman-eph.blogspot.com/2010/03/chinese-book-covers.html
While checking out my town's new rare/used book store, Logos Books, I found this book of a collection of works from China's 'Central Academy of Arts & Design'. The full (and awkwardly translated) titled is "Selections of Designing Work the Central Academy of Arts & Design, 1956-1986" by Zhong Yang, Gong Yi Mei Shu Xue Yuan and She Ji Pin Xuan. I can find no information about the book online. Here are a few of my favorite book covers from the book. I'll post some posters and record designs from the book sometime soon.
The Spring of the Beauties, Chen Xiaohong

No comments:

Post a Comment